Getting Started With The Cien App
How do I get started with Cien?
Getting started is super easy. Once all the paperwork is signed, you'll receive a phone call from one of Cien's Customer Success Managers to walk you through the data connection procedure - a process that takes less than 5 minutes. Cien uses OAuth2.0 to connect to your Salesforce instance, which is the industry standard for authorizing app integrations. The person making the OAuth connection needs to be a Salesforce Administrator.
What edition of Salesforce does Cien support?
Cien works with Salesforce Sales Cloud Enterprise Edition and up.
Do I need a systems integrator?
No, Cien plugs and plays with your Salesforce instance. The mobile-first design makes the Cien App easy to use so there are no complicated setup requirements.
What type of information do I need to input into Cien?
That's easy - none! The data already exists within your CRM and the values displayed reflect this data with a little help from Cien's machine learning models. Just keep using your CRM as you always do and let Cien take it from there.
Not all of our sales reps log CRM activity in real-time. How does Cien understand the frequency at which we log activity?
Cien accounts for infrequent data entry by finding the total activity for the week and applying the average activity per day retroactively. This helps mitigate any massive data dumps that may occur throughout the week.
Our data isn't the cleanest… can we still use Cien?
While you can still use Cien, it's recommended that you use a data cleanup tool prior to initializing the data connection. This will help eliminate duplicate data so that Cien's predictions and prescriptions are even more accurate.. Take a look at this blog post about data cleaning to help guide your cleaning duties!
How do we know our CRM data is safe?
Cien does not download or store any sensitive information such as credit cards, account numbers, and attachments. For more information please refer to our Terms of Service and Security & Privacy Overview.
What additional security measures are in place?
- All systems accessed through 256 bit SSL secure connections
- All data stored on Cien’s servers is encrypted at rest
- Cien’s operations team monitors software and application
- Enterprise-grade firewalling, routing, intrusion prevention, and
behavior analytics capabilities
- Dynamic application, virus and infrastructure vulnerability scans
- Secure backup policies and automated destruction of redundant backups
- All data center partners are SOC 2 Type II and ISO 27001 certified
- Stringent password policies with limited access to production
environments by staff
- Tight network access restrictions to production databases
- Conforms with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation
(GDPR) and the United States’ Privacy Shield Program